Company Completes Go-Public Strategy in 2013 and Raises Capital to Fund Existing Graphite Reserves and Mining Operations of High-Grade, Natural, Flake Graphite
NEW YORK, NY and WINDHOEK, NAMIBIA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/16/14 -- Next Graphite, Inc. (OTCQB: GPNE) ("Next Graphite", or the "Company"), a development stage company in Africa's Republic of Namibia targeting the growing global graphite production industry and market demand, today announced its YE2013 financial results. The Company also highlighted its milestones in 2013 and provided an update on subsequent Company events for the first three months of 2014.
2013 Company Milestones
- March 2013 - NMC Corp. of Canada enters into an Option Agreement with Centre for Geoscience Research CC of Namibia for exclusive prospecting license No. 3895 issued by the Ministry of Mines and Energy covering the Aukam Graphite Mine property.
- April 2013 - Centre for Geoscience obtains two-year license renewal for EPL No. 3895.
- June 2013 - Next Graphite's future Geology and Advisor Team, Element 12 ("E12"), confirms surface visible, large, medium and small flake hydrothermal-sourced graphite at numerous sites on Aukam Farm's 125,000 square acre property in Southern Namibia.
- August 2013 - African Graphite, Inc. incorporates in the US as a special purpose vehicle for the Aukam Graphite Mine transaction.
- September 2013 - African Graphite negotiates terms of exclusive option with NMC Corp. for the Aukam License, which will grant the right to conduct prospecting operations, bulk sampling and pilot production in the license area.
- October 2013 - US public company Zewar Jewellery, Inc. undergoes due diligence and prepares for reverse merger on the OTC QB with African Graphite.
- November 2013 - African Graphite and Zewar Jewellery enter into a Stock Purchase Agreement for a control block and a Share Exchange Agreement for the going-public transaction. Concurrently African Graphite entered into a Subscription Agreement with accredited investors and raises USD $250,000 at $1.00 per share, and acquires the exclusive option for the Aukam Graphite Mine from NMC Corp.
- December 2013 - Zewar Jewellery changes its name to Next Graphite, Inc.
"Our team is very excited to have met all milestones we planned in 2013 on schedule and below budget," began Cliff Bream, CEO of Next Graphite, Inc. "The second half of 2013 focused on all the steps and procedures needed to secure a listing on a US exchange and begin initial rounds of financing to help us prepare to meet the increasing natural graphite demand, worldwide. In the first three months of 2014 we continued to research minable, graphite-rich areas throughout the Aukam property and raised a total of USD$1.0 million to fund our efforts. We are eager to reconfirm the high grade of what our consultants have described as the territory's natural, large-flake, hydrothermal-sourced graphite throughout the license area and that of the graphite which we have in our estimated 140,000 ton existing stockpile. Based on our consultants' initial estimates and previous geology, the territory is estimated to contain approximately 4 million tons of graphite reserves. In 2014 we look forward to continued testing and preparation, setting the stage for initial processing and production, which we hope to begin in 2015."
FY2013 Financial Results
Next Graphite is a development stage company targeting the growing global graphite production industry. Graphite demand is being driven by the development of new markets for clean and efficient energy alternatives, smart grid infrastructure and military capabilities. As Next Graphite's projected African mining and processing costs are competitive with Chinese levels, the Company believes the graphite production industry in Namibia holds compelling potential economics. Following the exercise of its exclusive option, the completion of GPNE's planned mine development activities is expected to result in a multi-million dollar inward investment into Namibia. Though the Company's territory and mine, Aukam Farm and Aukam mine, respectively, Next Graphite plans to re-launch production on its farm which has historically produced more than $30,000,000 of flake graphite at today's values.
As a development stage company, the Company has yet to record revenues from its mineable areas on its Aukam Farm and mining locations. The predecessor license holder mined the Aukam Farm under Namibia's mining and exploration license #3895 beginning in 1940 and recorded a record high 2,627 tons of graphite in a peak year of production, prior to ceasing operations in 1974.
Next Graphite's direct and indirect operating expenses including non-cash value of stock-based compensation for the year ended December 31, 2013 were $2,583,223. Net GAAP loss for the year was $2,583,223. Excluding acquisition related and management stock-based compensation of $2,369,991, the Company's adjusted net loss for the period ended December 31st was $213,232. Based on 60,515,735 fully diluted shares outstanding, adjusted loss per share was 0.35 cents per share.
The Company's geological consultants estimate the Aukam farm to hold over 4 million tons of natural, high-grade, large-flake, hydrothermal-sourced graphite reserves. Though the mine is currently abandoned, the Company plans to re-launch mining production and on-site processing at the Aukum Graphite Mine at an estimated cost of $2,000,000. The completed mine is targeting 2,000 tons of annual production.
2014 Subsequent Events and Milestones
- February 3, 2014 - 271,400 shares of Common Stock issued for gross proceeds of $271,400 at a per share price of $1.00 pursuant to a Subscription Agreement with an accredited investor.
- March 14, 2014 - 550,000 shares of Common Stock issued for gross proceeds of $550,000 at a per share price of $1.00 pursuant to a Subscription Agreement with an accredited investor.
- March 14, 2013 - Next Graphite pays option exercise balance of $150,000 and acquires 90% of Namibian company Gazania which holds the Aukam Mine License.
- March 25, 2014 - 150,000 shares of Common Stock issued for gross proceeds of $150,000 at a per share price of $1.00 pursuant to a Subscription Agreement with an accredited investor.
- March 26, 2014 - Next Graphite launches corporate website at www.nextgraphite.com
- March 31, 2014 - On a proforma basis and subsequent to the capital raising efforts noted above, the Company has $66,467 in cash reserves vs. $2,450 on December 31, 2013.
About Next Graphite, Inc.:
Next Graphite, Inc. is a development stage company targeting the growing global graphite production industry with the Company's 125,000-acre Africa-based Aukam Graphite Mine. The Aukam Graphite Mine was established in 1940 in the current Republic of Namibia, produced USD$30 million of graphite at today's prices, and is estimated to hold over 4 million tons of natural, high-grade, large-flake, hydrothermal-sourced graphite reserves. Global graphite demand is being driven by the development of new markets for clean and efficient energy alternatives, smart grid infrastructure and military capabilities. Next Graphite has an immediately-available, surface-visible, estimated 140,000-ton stockpile, along with competitive projected mining and processing costs. The completion of GPNE's Aukam Graphite Mine re-launch and development activities is expected to result in a multi-million dollar inward investment into Namibia in 2014-2015.
For more information, please visit: www.nextgraphite.com
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements made under the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward looking statements are based upon the current plans, estimates and projections of Resource Acquisition's management and are subject to risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from the forward looking statements. Such statements include, among others, those concerning market and industry segment growth and demand and acceptance of new and existing products; any projections of sales, earnings, revenue, margins or other financial items; any statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements regarding future economic conditions or performance; uncertainties related to conducting business in Africa, as well as all assumptions, expectations, predictions, intentions or beliefs about future events. Therefore, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ from those set forth in the forward-looking statements. Among others, could cause actual results to differ from those set forth in the forward-looking statements: business conditions in Africa, general economic conditions; geopolitical events and regulatory changes, availability of capital, the Company's ability to maintain its competitive position and dependence on key management. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale of any securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
+1 949 397-2522 ext. 3
Source: Next Graphite, Inc.